The Public Sector spends over £150 billion a year on the procurement of goods and services. To achieve value for money (VFM) for the taxpayer, effectively managed procurements – properly planned and executed are essential. That is where the expertise of Elemental come in!
Why is procurement important?
- the government must apply the highest professional standards when it spends money on behalf of the taxpayer
- Procurement process spans a life cycle from Identifying the need through to the selection of suppliers to post contract award and management
- There is an expressed duty on the public sector to apply the key principles of public procurement, the cornerstone of which is to achieve value for money (VFM)
- Public procurement is governed by the UK regulations that implement the EU procurement directives, these apply to the majority of procurements, under threshold procurements are not governed by UK regulations, but are still subject to EU Treaty Principles
- The procurement approach and procedure must be relevant and appropriate for what is being purchased, and the market must be able to provide it at an affordable price.
Elemental has a wealth of procurement experience in all areas of the entire procurement cycle, from identifying the need right through to post award contract management. Elemental is also working in partnership with the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy delivering procurement training, including the delivery of the Certificate in Public Sector Procurement across the Northern Ireland Public Sector, contact us today to find out how we can help with your procurement issues.